Learn how to be self-sufficient when you know the tips and common problems below to fix your dryer:
#1 – The dryer won’t turn on
Knowing that your dryer doesn’t turn on can be a stressful experience especially if you have no idea what the problem is. However, with proper troubleshooting, rest assured that you will be able to fix it in no time. Follow this guide to learn more below.
The first thing you need to do is check if the power supply is reaching your dryer. By doing this, you will be able to identify whether the dryer or the outlet is broken. Either way, we recommend contacting a technician to assist you with this problem.
If you are not familiar with terminal blocks, they are the ones responsible for the overall function of not only the internal wires but the dryer as a whole.
What you need to do:
- Firstly, you need to remove the power cord access panel and use your multimeter to check the voltage at the terminal block of the dryer.
- If it has a defect, we recommend replacing them with new ones.
#2 – The dryer produces noise
As your dryer ages, they tend to become noisier in the process. One of the reasons is due to its loose bearings, seals and belts. To help you with this problem, follow the guidelines provided below:
Hearing a squeaking noise usually means that your drum roller bearings are not working as they are supposed to. Open the machine at the top, then slide it forward to access the bearings.
High-pitched squealing noise
If you hear a high-pitched squealing noise, it means that you need to change your idler pulley. This is a spring-loaded arm that is responsible for tightening the drum belt. Make sure that it has the proper tightness since it can cause a squealing sound in the process.
#3 – It causes wrinkled clothes
There are many causes as to why wrinkled clothes happen when using a dryer. Find out more about it below:
- Clothes not promptly removed from the dryer
- No fabric softener
- Too much clothes
- Incorrect water level
- Wrong water temperature for the clothing
- Laundry not properly sorted
- Incorrect wash and dry cycles
- You need to remove clothing from the dryer and fold them immediately.
- You can reduce wrinkling by letting them cool down first after drying.
- You must never put multiple clothes at the same time since it may have a chance of getting wrinkled in the process.
- You must never combine heavy and light clothing together.